Think about what are the factors that debilitates you, then apply the correct strategy. If you are lacking sleep then sleep is the most indicated therapy, if you are to self-centered them some service will help you. The key word is rejuvenation is nourishing which comes together with an attitude of care and respect for your nature.
In ayurveda the rejuvenation aspect of tissues is call rasayana. Path (āyana) of essence (rasa).
Rasayan therapy is a complex alchemy that enriches rasa with nutrients to help one attain longevity, memory, intelligence, health, youthfulness, excellence of luster, complexion and voice, optimum development of physique and sense organs, mastery over phonetics, respectability and brilliance.
- When we think in rejuvenation we thing in tonics or in other herbs and supplements to enhance the strength, vitality and longevity. We also think in satisfying the basic desire to live, to earn a living and a desire to perform virtuous acts.
- Types of Rasayan
- Kamya Rasayans are promoters of normal health. These boost body energy levels, immunity and general health.
- Pranakamya – Promoter of vitality and longevity
- Medhakamya – Promoter of intelligence.
- Srikamya – Promoter of complexion.
- Naimittika Rasayans help to fight a specific disease.
The body when is clean, free of toxins and support with the proper lifestyle naturally rejuvenate itself. However our rigid believes systems and modern lifestyle makes the rejuvenation of body and mind slow of difficult. Rasayana is one science that our modern times will need to adopt to bring physical and psychological improvement.
Rejuvenation therapy prevents the effects of early aging, increases the body resistance to disease and conduct the aliveness of the mind and body. Rasayanas is interested in preserving and strengthening the vital energy of the body (ojas), immunity and resistance.
Rasayana Therapy is necessary before any purification or panchakarma. The tissues need to be strong and " willing" to let go. The time to practice rasayana is in summer and winter. Rasayana can be apply in children and in the elderly.
You can practice rasayanas by:
1.- Taking natural supplements to strength the body, like shatavari, aswaghanda and ginger,
2.- Receive the proper body work, like shirodhara and adbhyanga massage.
2.- By adopting a virtuous behavior.
The Vedas lay out 12 beautiful behavioral rasayanas.
- Do not entertain negativity, like judgment, hostility, cynicism and indignation and anger. If it comes up, let it go. Don't hold on it. Negativity creates ama ( toxins)
- Keep the company of the wise. Choose friends and company that enhances your pure qualities. Choose to be with those that uplift and inspire you to knowledge, consideration to others, charity and wisdom.
- Invest your energy in thoughts and actions that help the growth of positivity and happiness. Make choices to uplift you.
- Speak the truth in a sweet way. Speaking the truth discourages deviousness, deciet and other mental modes that complicate and muddle the mind.
- Maintain personal integrity, which enhances self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Maintain your place clean.
- Eat clean food, fresh organic food. Eat sattvic food like ghee, almonds, lassi, dates, tulsi ect.
- Be charitable in all areas of your life. Adopt an attitude of giving. Donate money, knowledge, advice and encouragement.
- Practice meditation. twice a day is recommended. sunrise and sunset are the most beneficial times.
- Balance your sleep and activities. Raise before sunrise and go to bed short after sunset.
- Be respectful to teachers and elders.
- Express love to your family and friends.
Let now take a nourishing drink: salty lassi