Friday, September 30, 2011
The kelp in this recipe is super healthy. Kelp contains 23 minerals, including chlorophyll, folic acid, Vitamins A, B12, D and Iodine. Iodine in particular is not stored in the body. It needs to be taken on a daily basis. Kelp benefits brittle nails and hair, dry skin, obesity, cold hands and feet, poor concentration and memory, enlarged thyroid gland, hair loss, poor digestion, and kills the herpes virus.
Herbs: Nettles, Kelp, Red Clover, Chickweed, Burdock Root, Horsetail, Yellow Dock leaf and root, Sage, Parsley, Dandelion leaf and root, Alfalfa, Raspberry leaf, Rosehips, Echinacea root, Peppermint, Catnip and Licorice.
1. In 4 litres of water, put 15 g or 1/2 oz of each one of the plants listed above (preferably fresh).
2. Bring to a boil, turn heat off and leave covered until cooled.
3. Filter plants (give to compost) and simmer liquid until you have 1 litre left.
4. Add 500 ml (2 cups) of blackstrap molasses (or more - up to 4 cups) to liquid.
5. Bottle and refrigerate.
6. Take 1 tablespoon per meal during periods of fatigue or just to keep your energy up.
Tastes good too!