In our latest community brunch, Christiane delight us with this corn bread. Savory and light, great company with dhal or other soups. Great for vatta dosha.
- 3 eggs
- 150 g Cornbread Mix, by Bob’Red Mill (found in the gluten free section of most grocery stores)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 80 ml olive oil
- 125 ml almond milk
- 80 ml chopped sundried tomatoes
- 100 g grated parmesan
- 60 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- 150 g feta cheese
- 60 ml chopped Kalamata olives
- 60 ml pine nuts
- 1 pinch of Cayenne
- 1 tsp curry powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375oF
2. In a mixing bowl, mix eggs, cornmeal, baking powder, curry powder, rosemary, Cayenne and pepper. Gradually incorporate olive oil and almond milk. Add the grated parmesan. Mix well. Incorporate the diced feta cheese, olives, sundried tomatoes and pine nuts.
3. Pour in a bread pan and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Enjoy warm or cold.