Heat will naturally increase pitta dosha causing the discomforts to relate to that dosha. Headaches, fatigue, inflammation, dizziness, and fainting. It can usually be treated with rest, a cool environment and hydration (including refuelling of electrolytes, which are necessary for muscle and other body functions).
Ayurveda offers effective, easy and safe ways to cool down and to restore normal temperatures.
Apart from following the obvious like take water, avoid heavy proteins, avoid drinking alcohol and stay out of the sun, follow this home remedies and treatments.
- Eat light and fresh meals with coconut milk, pomegranates, and bitters.
- Bath your self in warm milk. You can also poor fresh warm milk from head to toe. Rinse with fresh water.
- Drink coconut water and coconut milk.
- Spray in the face rose water.
- take 2 tsp of Majista with coconut milk of pomegranate juice.
- Prepare a sun tea with mint, nettles rose petals and fennels.
- Seat in a warm milk for a few minutes.
- Put a compress of yogurt in your forehead.
- Taking spices that make you sweat cools the body down (chillies)
Request from your ayuverdic practitioner the following treatments:
- Milk shrirodhara
- massage adhyanga to pacify pitta.
Complement your cooling treatments with pitta diet. Go outdoors only at sunrise and sunset. Remind calm and slow down your activities.